Greek Brides: Statistics, Cost & Legality
In 2010, Greece was one of the least popular European countries regarding the number of K-1 visas (= the number of marriages between American men and citizens of this country).
12 years ago, only 13 Greek women got a K-1 visa, and in 2019, this number increased to 88 — so in the space of 9 years, the number of Greek brides who married American men increased by almost 7 times! It’s not surprising — Greek women are incredibly beautiful, they are well-mannered and polite, fun and active, and they are very intelligent.
Here, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about how to marry a Greek woman and bring her to the US. Why is having a Greek wife a good idea, and how to impress Greek girls?
|❤️ Success rate||90%|
|🇬🇷 Popular Greek cities with brides||Athens, Thessaloníki, Patras|
|💰 Average cost of a Greek bride||$1,200 – $5,300|
|⌛ Average age of Greek brides||24 y.o.|
|💔 Divorce rate||~10%|
Best Greek mail order brides & Dating websites in 2023
Greek wives: statistics you didn’t know about Greek women
- The divorce rate in Greece is pretty low—this country had 1.8 divorces per 1,000 inhabitants in 2017, which is similar to the overall average divorce rate in the European Union. For example, the current divorce rate in the United States is 2.3 per 1,000 population, which is slightly (27.78%) higher than in Greece.
- Today, Greek women tend to get married much later than a few decades ago. The average age at the first marriage for Greek brides was 27.6 years old in 2002. Eighteen years later, in 2020, it’s 30.7 years old. The average age of Greek men at first marriage is 33.8 years old, by the way—this is a pretty large age gap, and Greek women seem to be totally ok with it, so if you’re planning to find a younger partner, Greece might be a great country for your goals.
- The same is about the age for first-time motherhood. Greek women tend to have children in their 30s—the average age of first-time motherhood is 31 years old in this country. The reasons are mainly economic—there is no affordable child care in Greece (especially compared to other European countries), so Greek ladies have to build a career and become financially stable before having children.
- Greece has one of the lowest fertility rates in Europe. In 2022, the fertility rate in this country was only 1.271 births per woman. Such a low TFR does obviously have something to do with the economic uncertainty — the fertility rates have declined since 2010 (the year the Greek debt crisis broke out).
🇬🇷 Find single Greek girl online
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Try to calculate the cost of Greek mail order bride
❗ Note, to calculate the cost of a Greek bride, select the European region
How much does it cost to buy a bride from Greece?
You don’t “buy” a Greek wife, of course. Here’s how it works: you start dating beautiful Greek women online, then you meet them in person, then you propose to that Greek girl you like most, and after that, you bring her to the United States.
Every step is not 100% free — you’ll have to pay for a premium subscription on a dating site, for a trip to Greece, and a K-1 visa for your Greek bride. Let’s be more detailed.
First, you’ll need to use an online dating website to meet Greek women. Most of these sites are not free to use—they usually cost around $100-$150 per month. However, the best sites, like JollyRomance, have a credit system, which means you can control your spending and save money by sending fewer messages or chatting less with Greek brides.
Then, you’ll need to visit Greece. Let’s take a look at the cost of a 2-week trip to this country.
- Tickets to Athens—$700-$800 for a round trip. The price depends on the season—February is considered the cheapest month to travel to Greece while August is the most expensive month.
- A hotel room—$60-$120 per day ($840-$1,680 for 2 weeks)
- Buses and taxis—$25 per day ($350 for 2 weeks)
- Food—$35 per day ($490 for 2 weeks)
- Entertainment—$40 per day ($560 for 2 weeks)
If you’re going to marry a Greek mail order bride and bring her to the United States, you’ll need to pay for a K-1 visa, too. The visa costs $800, and the Adjustment of the Status form (required to transfer from a K-1 visa status to a permanent resident status) costs $1,140.
Is it legal to buy a Greek bride?
You don’t “buy” Greek mail order brides, of course—you date them, meet them, and marry the woman you fall in love with. It’s totally legal to marry pretty Greek women and to bring Greece girls to the US—but it’s not only about the previously mentioned K-1 visa.
You can go two ways, actually: the K-1 visa route or the CR-1 visa route. The main difference is that you’ll have to get married in the US after getting a K-1 visa, and for a CR-1 visa, you’ll need to marry your Greek bride outside the US.
Success stories from Greek women
Alexandra and James
James met his Greek bride in 2018 on a niche website—he had never thought of romantic relationships with Greek singles before, but he was impressed with the beauty of these ladies after having a business trip to Athens.
He started chatting with Alexandra right after the registration on the website—”She was the first girl I saw there,” he says. “I stopped searching right away ’cause it felt like destiny—she had everything I needed, she was very open, and she spoke perfect English!” James adds.
He married Alexandra, a 32-year-old entrepreneur from Athens, 6 months after they first met online.
Ophelia and Saul
Saul, a 40-year-old attorney from Dallas, met Ophelia online 6 months ago. “It’s her outer beauty and her inner beauty that made me fall for her,” Saul says and adds that he “never expected to find such a perfect woman on a foreign dating site, to be honest.”
They met 3 times since their first conversation, and although it doesn’t look like a short and simple journey, they’re definitely going to travel its full length. Today, they are waiting for the K-1 visa application—after that, they’re going to get married in Texas.
What makes Greek women so popular
Some people say that Asian, European, Latin, and Russian women make better wives than American ladies, but we won’t compare American women vs foreign women here. Instead, we’ll talk about the top 3 reasons why Greek women are worth dating.
- They are incredibly beautiful. Tall, fit, with wavy blonde or dark hair and light skin, Greek ladies look just gorgeous. But it’s not only about their natural beauty—they also know everything about diets and fitness (you’ve heard about the Mediterranean diet, right?), and the mild Mediterranean climate makes their skin soft and smooth.
- They are fun and active. They love parties, they are just great at dancing, and you’ll never get bored with your Greek mail order wife. In this regard, Greek mail order brides are pretty similar to Spanish brides and to women from other South European countries such as Portugal and Italy.
- Greek women for marriage are very family-centered. It’s one of the most important cultural peculiarities of these women and a very important part of Greek culture. The family is extremely important for Greek people and this doesn’t change even when they move to another country (so your Greek wife will most likely visit her homeland every year or even more frequently). The Greek Orthodox tradition also affects the family values of modern Greeks and makes them more “conservative”—showing love and respect to parents and spouses and being caring mothers/fathers is extremely important for Orthodox church members.
That’s not all, of course. Greek girls for marriage make perfect wives, they are loyal to their partners, and they are extremely interesting to talk to.
They love dating foreign men, they speak English pretty well, and they love using online dating sites to meet foreigners—it’s the combination of all these facts that makes Greek ladies a perfect option for those interested in a serious international relationship.
🇬🇷 Find single Greek women online
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Some examples of well-known Greek celebrities
As we just said, Greek wives are incredibly beautiful. Of course, we can’t list all the beautiful local women here — this would take us years. What we can do, however, is list the top 5 Greek celebrities and celebrities with Greek roots to help you understand what kind of beauty to expect when dating a Greek.
- Jennifer Aniston. You didn’t expect to see this actress on this list, did you? Well, her father is Greek, and she even lived in Greece for some time when she was a child. She’s not a typical Greek woman, of course, but she has beautiful blonde hair, amazing skin, and a perfect-fit body — and these are the main reasons why we call Greek mail order brides so gorgeous.
- Ria Antoniou — a fantastically beautiful top model from Greece. She’s 34 years old right now, and she’s just perfectly stunning, but the good news is that you’ll surely meet many girls who look like Ria in Greece!
- Christina Moustaka — a hot model and a TV star in Greece who is now running a clothing business. Christina is a perfect example of traditional Greek beauty with tanned skin and beautiful dark hair—if you prefer brunettes, just take a look at her photos to understand what to expect from the Greek dating pool.
- Doukissa Nomikou — a top model and a popular TV presenter from Piraeus, a port city near Athens. She’s another example of stunning Greek beauty — if you like her pictures, you will certainly like what you see on Greek mail order brides websites.
Tips for men: How to impress a Greek mail order bride?
How to date Greek women for marriage successfully? Here, you’ll find the top 3 tips that will help you impress any Greek mail order bride!
❤️ Show that you have serious intentions. If you have plans for family life and your relationship goals are serious, don’t hide it—most Greek girls for marriage you’ll find on online dating sites are pretty marriage-minded and family-oriented, so if you have the same goals, this will help you succeed with them.
❤️ Be confident and relax. Greek girls are extremely fun and very open-minded, so it’s a real pleasure to date them—but only if you feel confident and relaxed enough on the first date. Don’t talk about your doubts or problems on the first dates with Greek women—just have fun, act like a gentleman, and be yourself. By the way, it’s also very important to wear clothes that make you feel good—that’s how you’ll feel more confident on the date.
❤️ Be prepared to meet her parents. She’ll likely introduce you to her family quite early, so don’t expect to date her for years without meeting her parents. Mind your manners, show respect, be polite, and show that you’re a financially stable and caring man—that’s how you earn respect from your Greek girlfriend’s parents.
If you think of dating a single Greek woman, don’t waste your time—they are family-oriented, perfectly beautiful, loyal, fun, and they love dating foreigners. What’s even more important, they are available in a few clicks!
Just choose trusted online platforms with Greek mail order brides (like JollyRomance), visit site, create a catchy profile, enjoy dating recommendations, and start chatting with local girls.
It’s really that simple, and there are really tens of thousands of beautiful mail order brides who would love to date Western men—all you need to do is sign up on the dating site.
Video: Greek women: should I date women from Greece?
Nearly 600K Greeks use online dating services, and two-thirds are young singles under 35. While the majority is likely seeking local partners, a healthy portion of these daters are interested in serious long-term relationships, marriage, and starting a family.
The likelihood of meeting a Greek beauty online dropped because of the pandemic-related restrictions. For example, in 2022, only 24 Greek ladies got their K visas. Still, your chances are getting better every day as we’re slowly leaving the crisis behind.
Greek women have a low propensity for infidelity, especially when compared to Greek men. Research shows that Greek ladies look for extramarital affairs only if the current relationship isn’t going well or if they feel sexually unsatisfied, though surprisingly, revenge can also be a factor.