SakuraDate Dating Site Review 2023
|♀ / ♂||45% to 55%|
|👍 Good For||Intercultural communication, finding Asian partners, casual dating|
|👎 Not For||One-night stands, affairs, sugar dating|
|📱 Mobile Friendly||Yes|
|🆓 Can you try SakuraDate for free||Registration is free|
You can use search and browse profiles
Non-paying users can use all search features
|🕒 Average sign-up time||2 minutes|
SakuraDate is one of the recently launched dating sites. As you’ve probably guessed, it’s a platform designed for Asian singles, but foreigners are welcome, too—the website falls under the category of sites for people seeking intercultural relationships and communication.
You won’t find many SakuraDate reviews on the web, so we decided to join and test the platform to tell you everything you should know about the features, prices, pros & cons. So, if you’re considering finding a perfect match in Asia, just keep reading. We’ll answer all your questions in this SakuraDate review.
Overall SakuraDate.com Rating
|Ease of Use||4.4/5|
SakuraDate in 1 Minute
- A new dating site for Asian and Western singles
- No SakuraDate success stories for now, but a promising concept & good features
- Swiping and advanced search filters
- Nearly features except for messaging are free
- No SakuraDate mobile app, but the website is mobile-friendly
- Active community and high response rate
Find real girls from SakuraDate
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
SakuraDate.com is one of the freemium online dating sites for men—it has both free and premium features, and though Standard male members can do pretty many things on the site, they still need to spend some money to enjoy communicating with others.
As for women, the site is free for them if they meet certain requirements and criteria (validate their accounts, provide more information, etc.). As for men, currently, registered male users can buy credits for the following prices:
|💳 35 credits||$12.99 ($2.99 one time offer)|
|💳 50 credits||$19|
|💳 100 credits||$38 ($33 with a discount)|
|💳 250 credits||$95 ($75 with a discount)|
|💳 400 credits||$152 ($99 with a discount)|
|💳 1000 credits||$383 ($199 with a discount)|
So, the more credits you buy, the lower the price per credit, and vice versa. Also, as you can see, there might be some generous discounts if you join the site at the right time.
Members who haven’t bought credits yet can do the following:
- Improve their own profiles. Non-paying users who have just joined the site can make their profiles more attractive without buying credits. In particular, they can add details in the bio, write self-descriptions and explain what they are looking for in a partner, and add multiple photos.
- Browse other users’ profiles. Access to users’ profiles is free and unlimited, and there are no hidden sections or information, which allows you to understand who exactly you can meet on SakuraDate.
- Apply search filters. There are multiple search filters, all free to use. A member can set different criteria from body type and religion to education and number of children.
- Use the Like Them feature. If you want to see random people you might like on the site, you can use good old swiping and like or skip profiles (likes are free, too.)
- Use the SakuraDate customer service. There’s a pretty good FAQ section on the site, but everyone who needs help can contact the support team easily right on SakuraDate by describing the issue and submitting the ticket.
So, though the number of free services is pretty impressive, and the site doesn’t restrict access to profiles or doesn’t make members pay for using advanced search filters, as you’ve already noticed, Standard members can’t actually talk to each other. So, what are the premium features? Let’s take a look.
Currently, premium features for men are as follows:
- “Say Hello.” When you don’t have a good first message idea, you can use one of the templates to start a dialogue.
- Live chat. Live chat is an online messenger that allows users to communicate in real time. It’s user-friendly and basically works like any other good messenger. The best thing is you can send audio messages, videos, and photos with just one click. Emojis and stickers are available, too.
- Letters. If you don’t want to talk in real-time and would prefer to use a cheaper communication feature, you can send a letter for a fixed price of 10 credits (by comparison, live chat costs 2 credits per minute). You can also attach the files, and your letter can be much, much longer than just a message.
There’s no video chat or international calls in real-time, but a good messenger compensates for that. All communication features are paid, but the policy is pretty transparent, and there’s the cost right on the page with the chat window, so users don’t have to worry about unexpected expenses.
Signing up for SakuraDate
- Registration is entirely free
- The entire process takes just 2 minutes
- Members are free to add more details later
- No minors are accepted
Those who want to join SakuraDate can do it easily and really quickly. There’s the registration form right on the main page of the official website, and a new member needs to provide a few basic details, namely, name, gender, and email. After that, they’ll be redirected to the main page.
Also, newly registered users can view the How to Start tutorial to understand how the system works. There’s an even easier way to create an account—users can sign up via their Google account.
If you already have an account, you’ll be logged in automatically, or you’ll need to follow the SakuraDate sign-in link, which is also located at the top of the main page, right next to the registration form.
Avoid Fake Profiles and Bots
There’s no dating site that could be considered 100% safe, and SakuraDate isn’t an exception. If you want to protect yourself on this or any other online dating website, just follow these simple rules:
- Never share your financial or personal information with a stranger or even a person who, in your opinion, you already know.
- Read the information in profiles carefully, spot weird things and contradictions, and stop communicating with this person if anything goes wrong.
- Never send money to anyone; if someone asks you for it, block this user immediately and report the scam.
- Never accept money from anyone—this will turn out to be a fake check scam or another type of financial scam.
Making Contact on SakuraDate.com
- Members can talk in live chat
- There are letters for those who love to exchange long emails
- No video chat, but members can send videos and audio files
There are a few ways to contact others on the site. Standard users or Premium users who don’t want to spend their credits can like and favorite profiles, and the members they like will be notified about that. Also, you can send a letter or start a chat with any registered users on the site.
Also, if what you see on a profile page isn’t enough for you, you can ask someone to send you a video or send your own video to a user—there are no restrictions or anything like that, but file exchange will cost you extra credits.
SakuraDate Profiles: Details & Examples
- Most profiles on the site are very detailed
- Female members make more effort to make their profiles stand out
- Similar members are suggested
- Viewing photos is free
- Self-Summary & Who I Am Looking for are the most useful sections
As we’ve already mentioned, though new members can sign up for the site by providing just a few details, everyone can add more information and photos to make their personal page stand out. It’s entirely free and fairly simple.
In particular, you can add a profile photo and scroll down the page to add more pictures to your personal album that everyone can see. There are no profile headlines or anything like that, but users can write pretty much anything they want to in the Self-Summary, and I’m Looking For section.
If you’re not in the mood to write a short essay about yourself and your perfect partner, you can skip this step and focus on specific details. For instance, you can choose your relationship goals (purpose of using the site) and share information on your education, marital status, religion, occupation, hobbies, number of children, habits, etc. The same goes for the criteria that your perfect partner is expected to meet.
Tips on how to make your SakuraDate profile stand out:
- Don’t underestimate the importance of self-description. All the profiles on the site look more or less the same, and self-summaries make them stand out.
- Don’t sound negative and focus only on the things you aren’t into when describing your perfect partners.
- Choose quality over quantity when it comes to photos. Don’t add blurred and low-quality pictures and ensure your photos look attractive and even professional—it’s necessary to withstand competition.
Most members here have pretty good profiles, but as we’ve mentioned previously, women usually make more effort to make their profiles work than men who join the platform. Most users add enough details to their bio, but not all write self-descriptions and share thoughts on their perfect partners.
Some also prefer to choose the Not Specified option when answering basic questions.
Here’s a more or less typical male profile on the website. It might be new, so most details aren’t specified as a member hasn’t added many details yet, but as we can see, he added photos to the gallery. By the way, that’s one of the most common mistakes that men make on the site—they add photos that look nearly the same.
Female profiles are of better quality overall. We can see many details, high-quality photos, and most importantly, good and legitimately useful Self-Summary and I’m Looking For descriptions.
So, that was the truth about SakuraDate. Did I like the site? I believe it can work pretty well for a specific category of users, namely those who want to meet Asian partners or Asian singles, both men and women, looking for a perfect match abroad.
There are not many reviews for SakuraDate as it’s a new site, so I hope that our guide was useful enough for you. Consider the pros, cons, and your own priorities, and you’ll make the right decision.
Alternative dating sites in other regions
So, is SakuraDate legit? Yes, SakuraDate is a legit website designed for Asian singles and foreigners who’d like to meet them. Here, both free and premium services are provided, and the registration is free, so if you want to test the platform, you can sign up and look through the members’ profiles.
No, you don’t need to provide your phone number—you only need to enter your email address and confirm it after the registration is complete.
All Standard and Premium members can view each others’ photos on SakuraDate.com Non-registered users won’t be able to see the photos either on the site or on Google Search results.
Yes, there are pretty many free features that allow you to learn more about the website and the community. In particular, you can create an account for free, add any details, use all types of searches, and, most importantly, visit other members’ profiles and see all the information they share on SakuraDate.
All users of any dating site, including SakuraDate, should follow the same safety rules. Spot red flags, ideally, check the photos of members, exchange photos and videos with their matches, never send money to anyone and never accept it, and protect their personal information at all costs.