European Girls vs American Girls: Features and Differences in 2023
European girls vs. American girls: what are the main differences between them? This is an incredibly difficult question to answer because of several factors, mainly the cultural and ethnic diversity in Europe.
But still, we compared American women vs European women here—and we found 10 major differences you just have to know about if you’re interested in the girls from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. Let’s start!
3 best dating sites to meet European women
Of course, you can visit any European country right now and meet European singles there—this can work because European girls are pretty open-minded, approachable, and speak English quite well. However, we recommend you pay attention to dating sites instead of visiting Europe. Why?
Because it’s cheaper, more convenient, and the dating pool is just colossal.
For example, a 1-week trip to France will cost you around $1,300 (not including the tickets). A 1-month premium subscription to a dating site will cost you 10 less than that. As for convenience, there’s nothing to elaborate on here—obviously, it’s much more comfortable to meet women without leaving your home than going across the Atlantic.
The dating pool part is pretty clear, too—you’ll meet tens of thousands of ladies on good dating sites, and most European women you meet there will be genuinely interested in romantic relationships with American men!
So, the only thing left is choosing a good dating app. Here, you’ll find the 6 best platforms—they are trustworthy, reputable, and have many real women from most European countries. So, choose the site, create a profile, and open a new world today!
American women vs European women: common traits
The main problem is that there is no one European country. Europe consists of 44 countries, 745,000,000 people, and a ton of various cultures, traditions, and customs. As a result, Europe is a place with hundreds of major cultural differences, different beauty standards, views on gender roles, etc.
Basically, in some aspects, women from Western Europe can be even more different from women who live in Eastern Europe than from American ladies!
But, well, let’s begin—we believe that we know how to explain the main differences between an average European girl and an average American girl here.
We’ll begin our European vs American women comparison with common traits both American and European women have—because we believe that in order to understand the differences, one must first understand the similarities.
- Both American girls and ladies from Europe are well-educated. Women are a majority of tertiary-level students in both the US and most European countries, except for the UK. However, there are lots of differences between American and European universities (for example, most of them are cheaper/free in Europe).
- Both American and European girls speak English. Some countries are not that great at learning English (like Hungary), but we can guarantee that young, educated girls can speak English quite well across Europe.
- Both European brides and ladies from the US are very confident, ambitious, and independent. Neither EU nor US girls are shy, obedient, or passive—even in so-called “traditional” European countries, women are not like that anymore (although they may still have more traditional views on gender roles).
That’s not all, of course. There are lots of similarities European girls share with US girls—but if we listed them all, this article would be the size of a book, and you are not here to read books, are you?
American women vs European women: main differences
The very first thing that comes to mind when one thinks about differences between an average European and American girl is that Europeans, especially the ones from the East, are more family-centered and “traditional.”
Well, this may be true (to some extent), but we don’t want this list to sound like the Eastern European women vs American women comparison. So that’s why we’ll tell you a lot of useful and interesting facts about Western European ladies, too!
- Both European and American ladies are pretty hard-working. However, women from Southern Europe and some Slavic countries (Poland, and Ukraine) seem to spend more time with their families than with people at work. At the same time, the ladies from Scandinavia and the UK are even more hard-working than American women!
- European women spend a lot of money on beauty products. That difference is best seen if we compare Poland and the US. In Poland, where the average monthly salary of women is $1,200, which is only 39% of the average monthly salary of females in the US, women spend only $30 less on cosmetic products than American women!
- Eastern European girls prefer to get married younger than American women. Well, that’s not surprising at all, considering the fact that most Eastern European societies are pretty conservative.
- Western European women tend to get married later than women from the US, which, in turn, is quite surprising.
- It’s interesting that American women typically have more children than ladies from Europe, and here, we’re talking about both Eastern and Western Europe. What’s even more interesting is that the Slavic countries, which are often stereotyped as incredibly traditional countries with large families, are actually not even close to this title in reality!
- European girls are not as religious as Americans. They are not even close, to be more precise!
- Let’s get back to physical features again—talk about obesity. Another difference between European and American women is that Europeans are generally less obese than Americans, but the difference is not as great as one could expect.
- Europeans even date differently. There’s no such thing as American-style dating with its staging—in Europe, they do it more spontaneously.
- European girls may look more flirtatious, but it’s actually about their attitude to compliments and about their culture. They are generally more approachable, and they, especially the ladies from Eastern Europe, typically perceive compliments as, you know, compliments—not as a violation of their rights.
- Western European women are less marriage-minded than American women. However, when it comes to Eastern European brides, they are more focused on marriage than Americans. For example, the marriage rate in France is only 3.5 marriages per 1,000 people, while in the US, it’s 5.1 (and in Romania, for instance, it’s 6.6).
As already mentioned, there may be many more differences, but we have highlighted a few main ones so that you can understand how European women differ from American women.
5 tips on how to attract a European woman
Alright, enough with the European women vs American women comparisons, let’s talk about the main options on how to attract European women.
- Choose a proper dating service (not a free online resource, please). Americans tend to use Tinder or Facebook for European dating, but that’s not how it works here. If you want to date them (not to mention a serious relationship), you need to choose a niche dating site.
- Don’t compare European women to American women on a date. They hate being stereotyped, and it’s obvious that no one likes it when a partner is focused on their nationality instead of their individual traits and features.
- Tell compliments. European men are great at it, so American guys who want to date girls from Europe must be at least equally good.
- Let her make the first move (at least sometimes). In most countries of the region, women expect men to give the initiative to them.
- Learn the dating etiquette of the country you’re planning to visit in advance. We can’t describe every detail here, but you may put yourself in awkward or even potentially risky situations if you skip this step.
Of course, you should remember the communication rules with women, which also apply to all nationalities and cultures.
Different nationalities, different cultural values, different views on family roles, and even different religious beliefs—Europe is perfectly diverse, and it’s just impossible to describe European women in one article. What I can say safely is that European girls are just perfect—and if you’re thinking about dating them, don’t waste your time anymore!
And don’t forget that the best answer to the question “how to meet girls from Europe” is “on a dating site”—there are many great websites where you can meet lots of real European brides.
Video: American girls vs European girls
We believe that it’s a stereotype. It can be even more difficult to attract European women for a foreigner just because of the cultural differences. However, they are definitely much easier to approach—they love compliments and they are perfect at flirting!
It depends. Some people believe that women from Europe make better wives—loyal, caring, and traditional. The others love that European girls are more sexually liberal, which makes them a perfect choice for casual dating. Every man has his own reasons.
When comparing American women vs European women, the first thing that can’t be ignored is that European women have different beauty standards from the ones in the US. This may be an exaggeration, but it looks like European ladies (especially the ones from Eastern Europe) put much more effort into looking beautiful.