German Brides: Statistics, Cost & Legality in 2022
In 2019, 364 German wives entered the US on a K-1 visa and got married to American men. This makes Germany one of the most popular mail order bride countries in Europe. This fact is not surprising at all—hot German brides are well-known for their intelligence and beauty, they are open-minded, caring, and they’ll support you no matter what.
Here, we’ll tell you everything you have to know about dating German women. How to find a German girl and how much does it actually cost? Why do many German women want to meet a foreigner? What are some interesting and useful facts about German brides? All the answers are here.
|❤️ Success Rate||74%|
|🇩🇪 Popular German cities with brides||Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne|
|💰 Average cost of German bride||$960 – $5,300|
|⌛ Average age of German bride||32 y.o.|
|💔 Divorce rate||~28%|
6 Best German mail order brides & Dating websites in 2022
German wives: statistics you didn’t know about German women
- An average German woman is in no hurry to get married. The mean age of German women at first marriage is 32-years old, and it’s one of the highest rates in Europe. Well, it’s not surprising for a developed country: women in such countries typically get married later, and Germany is not an exception. German girls want to build a career before tying the knot.
- An average German lady is also in no hurry to become a mother. The average age of mothers in Germany at the birth of their first child is 30.2 years old (32.3 for the second child). It’s not surprising that modern German ladies are delaying having children—this is a typical pattern for every developed country in the 21st century. It’s about several factors such as better access to birth control, better education, better career opportunities, etc.
- The divorce rate in Germany is 2.0 divorces per 1,000 people. This is much lower than in the United States, where the crude divorce rate is 2.7 per 1,000 population.
- German ladies are as hard-working as women in the United States—the participation of women in the labor force is the same in these two countries (46-47% of total labor force).
- An average German woman doesn’t want to have more than 2 children. The total fertility rate is 1.5 in this country, and it’s slowly rising, but it doesn’t mean that it’s women with German citizenship who are responsible for this. Thus, the fertility rate for foreign women in Germany is much higher (2.28 vs 1.46), so it’s mostly the refugees from countries with a high birth rate who contribute to the baby boom.
Why German girls become mail order brides?
What makes German girls for marriage sign up on mail order bride sites like this and search for foreign men? Obviously, hot German women are not like Ukrainian women or other Slavic brides who often want to flee the country because of economic reasons or the war that Russia started, provoking problems for plenty of surrounding states.
The reasons are different when we’re talking about Western European brides in general and beautiful German women in particular.
- Some German brides think it’s fun to date a foreigner.
- Some German women just want to try something new.
- But for most German mail order brides, it’s about another reason. Most of them want to meet foreign men because of the stability German men aren’t able to give them. The idea of a stable family is not that popular in Germany today, while most foreigners searching for a German wife are typically very serious about it.
These are only a few of the reasons why German ladies might be interested in dating a foreign guy. Let’s continue talking about these gorgeous women: now, it’s time to talk about the price.
Success stories from Germany
Justin and Amelia
Justin, a 35-year-old teacher from Dallas, signed up on this site in 2020. He didn’t want to find a German woman—he was interested in European girls, not only girls from this country. After several dates, he met Amelia, a 27-year-old translator from Munich.
They chatted for 2 months, and then they met in person. 6 months and 5 dates after that, Justin proposed to Amelia and she said “yes”. Justin thought he would have a hard time trying to impress his German bride’s parents, but it turned out that it’s not the hardest task in the world for a financially stable, well educated, and respectful man.
George and Emma
George met Emma in 2020 soon after his registration on a German brides website. They didn’t have very serious intentions when they started using this site—all they wanted was to find an interesting and attractive person they could spend some fun time with.
They are a perfect match for each other, as it turned out—since 2020, George visited Berlin 4 times and they both got what they wanted. Now, they continue chatting on that dating site and it looks like they’re planning their 5th date now. Let’s wish them good luck.
🇩🇪 Find single German ladies for marriage online
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
How much does it cost to buy a bride from Germany?
You can not buy a German bride. You can find German women and date them online, ask them out, meet them, propose to the German girl you like most, and bring her to the United States. Let’s talk about how much you’ll need to pay.
The first phase of finding a German girlfriend is an online-dating phase. Most German bride websites are not free to use, and most of them have a credit system that allows the users to control their spending. The absolute majority of high-quality German mail order brides services like BRAND will cost you around $150 per month. You can either save money by focusing on text messages only or spend much more than that if you’re going to send expensive gifts to your future wife or spend hours in a video chat.
It’s not only about online dating, obviously. You’ll have to visit Germany and spend at least 2 weeks there in order to meet as many women as you want. Here’s how much a 2-week trip to this country will cost you.
- Tickets from the US to Germany—$600-$800 (round-trip). We highly recommend booking a ticket in advance because last minute flights are always much more expensive.
- Hotel room—$900-$1,800 for 2 weeks
- Transportation—$300 for 2 weeks. If you’re only going to visit one city, you’ll be able to save money—just buy a Wochenkarte (1-week bus ticket), which costs around $18-$20.
- Food—$500-$800 for 2 weeks
- Entertainment and activities—$700
Once you propose to your girlfriend, you’ll be able to bring her to the US. The K-1 visa application and the permanent residency application will cost you around $2,200, but it’s not a one-time payment.
Is it legal to buy a German bride?
Yes, if you don’t use the word “buy” or “purchase“. It’s 100% legal to date German mail order brides, as well as women from other countries in Western Europe. It’s also 100% legal to bring a German woman to the US—if both you and her meet all the requirements, she’ll be able to become a permanent resident in 6-12 months after the visa application date.
What makes German women so popular?
German brides are among the most popular mail brides in Europe. What makes them stand out from other nationalities and why do many men from the US want to meet a German girl? There are at least four reasons for that.
- German women are intelligent, ambitious, and never boring. They are very interesting to talk to, they are into an active lifestyle, they are smart and well-educated, and all these factors combined make them perfectly interesting people.
- German brides are attractive. Germany doesn’t make it to all those lists of the countries with the most beautiful ladies, and we are sure it’s a huge underestimation. Less make up, high-quality clothing, blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect sense of style—German women look great.
- Girls from Germany aren’t too traditional, passive, or shy—they are not like Vietnamese or Ukrainian women in this regard. However, they are still very feminine and family-centered, which makes them perfect wives and mothers.
- German brides prefer serious relationships. They typically don’t search for a hook-up on dating sites. They get serious with the relationship really fast: after 1-2 dates you are either into this together and moving forward, or you don’t waste each other’s time.
Having all these traits, German women have all chances to become ideal partners for American men.
🇩🇪 Meet hot German girls for marriage online
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
German wives scams
When it comes to German mail order brides websites, there is one problem you should be aware of: scammers. Those who want to find a German wife need to understand that unfortunately, it’s impossible to find a dating site with 0 scammers or fake profiles. That’s just not how online dating works—it’s impossible to create a dating website with a mandatory ID verification because no one would use it.
Let’s talk about the top 5 international dating scams you need to be aware of.
- Pro daters. These are real German women who only have one goal when they sign up on a dating site. This goal is to make an American man send them money. Pro daters (or gold diggers) can even agree on a real date and meet you in person, but their main goal is to make you become their sponsor. This type of relationship has the right to exist, of course, but only when a mutual agreement is reached. If you want to find a wife and she wants your money, we believe it’s a scam.
- Blackmail. Some men share too much information or send too many compromising photos to women they meet on a dating website. Sometimes, these “women” are actually scammers who will use this information to their advantage. We highly recommend you being very careful when it comes to sharing information with German women you haven’t met in person yet.
- “Send me money”. A typical woman from Germany is self-sufficient, independent, and financially stable. But when it comes to scammers, the situation is exactly the opposite—they always need money to pay their bills, to help their relatives, to buy new devices, to pay for their tickets, etc. The main rule here is to not send money to people you’ve never met in person.
- Stealing money from your credit card. Sharing personal information with the girls you met online is a no-no. Once a scammer knows your credit card number and your CVC/CVV code, your money will be stolen in a blink of an eye. Never provide such information to people you met on brides’ websites, and you’ll be safe.
- Fake dating websites. Some websites are just not real—they have thousands of fake profiles created by the sites’ teams with only one goal, making you buy premium subscriptions or credits. Always read the reviews before you start using a website to find love online.
It’s obvious that online dating, especially international online dating, might be dangerous—but it’s all about following the rules and being aware of romance scammers. Just follow these simple rules and be careful to minimize the risks.
Tips for men: How to impress a German mail order bride?
German girls make great wives, but you’ll need to do your best to get a German wife.
Here are the top 3 tips that will help you impress most German brides for marriage.
- Be a gentleman. German ladies value gender equality, and they often go Dutch, but paying the bills on the first date is never a bad thing in Germany. The same goes for opening the door for her.
- Small talk is a great thing, but be prepared for a debate on the first date. In the US, you usually don’t talk about politics or economics if it’s your first date with a girl. In Germany, it’s ok.
- Be punctual, say everything directly, don’t lie to her. Lying, beating around the bush, and being late might be red flags for some German women.
These are only the basics but these are also the main things you need to understand when it comes to dating a German lady. Follow these tips, show respect, look your best, be confident, and your first date with a German girl will be extra-special.
If you’re interested in meeting a beautiful, independent, feminine, and very interesting woman, you just have to sign up on German mail order bride websites. These women often have serious intentions, they are very open-minded, and they speak good English, so dating a German girl might be the best decision in your life. You don’t need to go to Germany—just choose a site, create a profile, get your free credits, and start chatting with the hottest German singles today.
No. It’s impossible to buy a German wife. You can date German women online, meet them in person, marry a German woman, and bring her to the United States after that—that’s what is usually called “buying a German wife”.
Most Germans you’ll meet on dating platforms are focused on serious relationships. It’s not that you’ll have to plan a wedding ceremony after the first date, but hook-ups and “friends with benefits” are not that common among Germans.
Yes. Germany is not the most popular European bride country, but there are thousands of brides on international dating services. These women often have serious intentions and want to find a long-term life partner there.