How & Where to Meet a Woman Online in 2022?
If you’re wondering where to meet women online, you’ve come to the right place. We analyzed all the possible ways to meet single women online and collected the top 6 ones here, so if you want to get more options than Tinder and Instagram, continue reading—you’ll definitely find something interesting here.
6 best ways to meet women online
First things first, let’s take a look at our key review factors for choosing the best options:
- The chance of meeting a real woman (there might be many women on female online communities, but they are not searching for a date there)
- The convenience of the service (you can find girls online even in the comment section under a video on YouTube, but it’s certainly not convenient at all)
- The popularity of the platform (a website or a forum must be popular to make in into this list, it’s obvious)
That’s why all the following options on our list are popular, convenient, and provide a real opportunity to meet relationship-minded singles. So let’s start.
Let’s consider the options in detail.
#1 Mail order bride sites
These are online dating sites where most women have serious intentions and are rather marriage-minded. These platforms are focused on international dating, so if you’re thinking of meeting women from other countries, mail order bride websites are basically the only place you can go. Mail order bride websites are pretty similar to other US dating sites.
However, they are usually not 100% free to use, which means you’ll most likely need to pay to send private messages, share photos, and send gifts to the ladies.
3 best sites to find a mail order bride in 2022
- These sites are a perfect option for those who want to meet younger women. Most mail order brides are in their 20s, and the absolute majority of them don’t care about the age gap. However, you can meet older women on these platforms, too.
- Great selection of features. The best mail order bride sites offer a wider selection of features than local online dating sites in the US. These platforms are usually designed to make a long term relationship easier, so they offer a lot of extra features like gift delivery and video chat rooms.
- Security. Typically, such websites have better anti-scam and security measures than “traditional” dating platforms. Some of them even have an ID verification, which makes it easier to spot fake profiles.
- Expensive. Almost all mail order bride sites are paid. Some of them have a credit system, and others have a monthly subscription, but single men always have to pay to talk online on these websites (although there are always some free features and welcome bonuses).
- Small communities. These sites are not that popular—top mail order bride platforms have around 500,000-1,000,000 unique monthly visitors, while a top dating site in the US might have more than 20,000,000 visitors.
#2 Online dating apps
Here, we’re talking about apps like Tinder, Bumble, Match, etc. They are the most obvious answer to the question “where to find a girlfriend online?” since they are popular and basically the most convenient option for any man interested in online dating.
These sites are pretty simple to use—you just create a profile and start chatting with women, that’s all.
- Millions of women to choose from. Tinder, for example, has more than 16,000,000 women, which is much more than any niche dating website.
- Wide variety of options. If you go deeper, you’ll find a very wide assortment of dating websites aside from Tinder and Match. Casual sex sites, platforms for dating Christians, sites with married women, platforms for group sex, websites for marriage-minded people—there are hundreds of online dating sites for every preference.
- Most dating sites are free. Many platforms have a paid subscription option for those who want to boost their profiles, but messaging is typically free.
- There are always more men than women on these sites. Tinder has more than 16,000,000, as we said before, but it also has around 59,000,000 men.
- Little to no anti-scam protection. It’s easy to create a fake profile on most free dating websites and apps.
#3 Social media
Believe it or not, it’s possible to meet women online on Facebook and Instagram, too. You can easily find tens or hundreds of thousands of people from your city on Instagram or Facebook and just send them a message.
- Millions of members. Facebook has more than 2.85 billion users—that’s all you need to know about its user base.
- Detailed profiles. Many women on these sites have detailed social media profiles, which makes it easier to find compatible matches and people with similar lifestyles and interests.
- These sites are 100% free to use. You don’t need to pay to send a message or to browse profiles on Instagram or Facebook.
- Not all women are searching for a relationship on social media websites. When you contact a woman on Tinder or on a mail order bride site, you know she’s interested in a relationship (otherwise, she wouldn’t create a profile there). But when you contact a woman on Instagram, your chances of meeting a lady genuinely interested in building a relationship are pretty low.
#4 Mutual friends
A lot of people meet their soulmates through mutual friends, and if you can do it in real life, it can be done online, too. It’s simple—you just browse your friends’ pages on FB or Instagram, choose a match among their friends and followers, and send them a message.
So, let’s talk about the advantages and disadvantages of this way of meeting women.
- Natural partner search. This can be a better, more natural, and more social way to get in a relationship—potential connection might flourish organically if you have mutual friends.
- It’s easier than getting closer with a stranger. Some people say it’s easier to start talking to a woman you already know through mutual friends since you already have something in common, and it’s like there’s a certain level of trust between you.
- If you break up, this might get weird. Breaking up is always difficult, but if you have mutual friends with your partner, this can become much worse.
- It’s not as easy as it seems. If you are not too extraverted, meeting a romantic partner through your friends might not be the most comfortable option.
#5 Online groups and forums
That’s surely not the most common answer to the question, “how to meet girls online?” But don’t dismiss good old forums too quickly—you’d be surprised by how popular they still are.
The thing is, we are not talking about discussion forums here. Only a few of them are still popular in 2022, and even the biggest ones are not the best places for meeting women. We’re talking about forums like Quora, Imgur, or Reddit.
Reddit, for example, has a R4R dating sub (R4R stands for “Redditor for Redditor”), where people post personal ads for dating and contact the users they like—this might be not the most popular place to find a woman, but it’s certainly worth trying.
- This method works. There are many success stories from people who met on such forums, so we can safely say that this way can really work.
- There’s no need to pay for anything. Be it “credits”, premium subscriptions, etc.—most forums are totally free.
- No safety measures and no anti-fake/anti-scam protection. Anyone can create a fake profile on such forums easily.
#6 Online meetups
Online Meetups are organized online social events where people can meet and get to know each other through Zoom, Google Meet, or other tools. These meetups are usually created by enthusiasts, and they are often free to attend (you only need to have a good Internet connection to enjoy the event).
- It’s free. In most cases, you won’t need to pay for anything—just join the meetup, and it’s done.
- Exciting and fun. Such meetups can be pretty fun if there are many interesting people there.
- Not the best way to meet women if you’re a shy type. Even if there are breakout rooms where people can split into small groups, it’s still a public event where you’ll have to speak in public, which is not the best option for people suffering from social anxiety or shyness.
How to approach a woman online: 5 useful tips
Now, when you know how to meet women online, it’s time to talk about how to actually succeed at meeting women online. So here are some tips from our team.
- Make your profile catchy and interesting. It doesn’t matter if you’re using the top mobile dating sites, the Facebook app, or a forum with 1,000 users—your profile is the first thing women pay attention to, and it’s also the first thing that either attracts a woman or puts her off.
- Be personal when writing your first message. Pay attention to her dating profile, find some interesting facts about her in her profile, and use it in your first message. For example, if she has photos from a place you visited on vacation or if she has a hobby you know something about, this might be a great conversation starter.
- Ask her questions, be a good listener, pay attention to details, make her laugh, and be confident. In short, these are the basic rules for online dating that work great with the absolute majority of men and women.
- Don’t rush into the sex talk. Even if you’re using a site for casual daters and one-night stands with thousands of hot and sexy members, going sexual too early can be a huge turn-off for most women. Sexting is an important part of online dating, but going sexual immediately is just not what girls want (in the absolute majority of cases).
- Safety first. The last one is not related to approaching women, but it’s extremely important for online dating in general. It sounds like this: always choose the best online dating site to meet a woman. It’s all about safety—the best online dating sites protect their users better and have various verification tools, such as ID verification.
As you can see, there are a lot of options where you can find women and start dating them. Most people find partners on mail order bride sites and dating platforms, but you are actually not limited to these options since you can also meet women on Facebook, on a Zoom meetup, or on Reddit.
It’s only up to you where you’ll meet the ladies—just be fun, respectful, as well as avoid being creepy, and you’ll get what you want.