SofiaDate Site Review 2023
|♀ / ♂||30% ladies / 70% gentlemen|
|👍 Good For||– those interested in Slavic dating|
– those who are ok with paid dating sites
– those who want to meet an Eastern European girlfriend
|⌛ Age Distribution||Women are in their 20s and 30s, men are in their 40s and 50s|
SofiaDate is a relatively new dating site that was created in 2020. However, it already gained a good reputation—it has thousands of Slavic beauties, lots of messaging tools, and good matching tools. Wondering how Sofia Date work and why it’s worth the money?
We analyzed dozens of SofiaDate.com reviews and tested the site itself, so here, we’ll tell you everything you wanted to know about this online dating platform.
Overall SofiaDate.com Rating
|Ease of Use||4.5/5|
SofiaDate in 1 minute
- SofiaDate website is a large Eastern European dating service for those searching for a casual or long-term relationship
- A registered member can view profiles and use the search tools for free
- Messaging is paid—you’ll need to buy credits to send letters and to get constant access to other features
- The customer support team is very polite and knowledgeable
- The quality of profiles is extremely high (lots of professional photos, detailed profile descriptions)
- More ladies than men (around 7 women for 3 men)
- The registration process is fast and free
- Free credits for all the new users
Find real girls from SofiaDate
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
SofiaDate success stories
Elena and Mike
Mike, a 38-year-old engineer from Jacksonville, has been fascinated by Slavic girls for more than 5 years (when he was 33, he first met a Ukrainian girl, and he believes it’s somehow related).
In 2021, he met Elena on an international dating site — she was 22 years old then, and she worked as a secretary in Sofia (capital of the country). She didn’t want anything serious at first, but then, she was impressed by Mike’s manners, confidence, and by the fact he came to Sofia 2 weeks after their first dialogue.
Their first dates weren’t that perfect because of a language barrier, but Mike didn’t want to surrender. They continued chatting after this, and in 2 months, he visited Bulgaria once again — and that time, everything went smoothly. Today, they continue their long-distance relationship — and they both are ready for the next step!
Aleksander and Katarzyna
Aleksander is 38 years old—his parents emigrated from Russia at the beginning of the 1990s, so he has always had special feelings for his motherland.
He met Katarzyna (Kate) on a service for American-Slavic dating in 2017—she is a 26-year–old English teacher from Russia, so they certainly had no problems with the language and cultural barriers.
They met twice in 2017 and three times in 2018—after that, Aleksander proposed to her, and of course, she said “yes”! Today, they live in a small home in Atlanta—they’re raising two children, and they are extremely happy with their life.
Who is really signed up here?
|Most visited by||United States, United Kingdom, Canada|
|Average age of female and male users||26 years old for female users, 41 years old for male users|
|Female members are from||Eastern Europe (Ukraine, Poland, Belarus)|
Latest user experiences
How does SofiaDate work?
Once you sign up on SofiaDate, you’ll get access to plenty of possibilities. You will be able to browse the profiles of all those lovely women and view their pictures. You will also be able to send them likes and add them to your favorites list.
However, since this website isn’t 100% free, not all the services are available to free users. For example, all the messaging tools on SofiaDate are premium-based, which means you must purchase credits first in order to get access to them. The same goes for all the other premium tools such as gift delivery and features like “Request Contact Information”—to use these, you must have enough credits.
The good news is that all the new members get 20 credits for free right after registration, so you will be able to try all these services without spending money. This means that once you sign up and get these credits, you can use all the search filters to find a perfect match, browse female profiles, view their public photos, and even chat with them with the option of attaching photos and videos (20 credits = 10 minutes of live chat).
SofiaDate Review: Pricing
How much does SofiaDate cost? Here, we’ll talk about the credits, premium features, and free services offered by this website.
Sofia Date has a credit system—you buy credits, and then you exchange them for various dating services and features, from live chat and mails to stickers and gifts. Here’s the list of the credit packages available on this dating site:
|Package||Cost of a package|
|💳 35 credits||$3|
|💳 50 credits||$19|
|💳 100 credits||$33|
|💳 250 credits||$75|
|💳 400 credits||$100|
|💳 1,000 credits||$200|
As it’s stated on this dating website, the most popular credit package is the one that costs $100 for 400 credits. In this case, you’ll pay $0.25 for 1 credit—this doesn’t look too expensive, right?
Now, let’s take a look at the real price of the services and features offered by this dating site. Let’s assume a user has bought their most popular “400-credits” package. Here’s how much money this user will pay for messaging and other features.
|Feature||Cost (credits)||Cost (USD)|
|Sending 1 email||20 credits||$5|
|Live chat||2 credits per minute||$0.50 per minute|
|Sending/viewing a video||25 credits||$6.25|
|Listening to audio||25 credits||$6.25|
|Photo attachment||10 credits per 1 photo||$2.5 per 1 photo|
|Contact request||500 credits (need to spend 5,000 credits on that lady)||$125 (need to spend $1,250 on that lady)|
- Registration on this online dating site
- Creating a new profile and uploading photos
- Writing a profile description
- Using all the search tools
- Browsing men’s and women’s profiles
- Viewing pictures of other members (there’s a lot of free visual content on this site)
- Members can contact customer support for free
- Sending mails to other members
- Convenient live chat with media attachments and stickers (chat stickers are paid, too)
- Gifts delivery: you can order any gift, from perfume to a golden ring with diamonds
- Requesting contact details and setting up a personal meeting in real life
Signing up at SofiaDate online dating platform
- The registration takes around 1-2 minutes
- No mobile number or Facebook account is needed, only an email address
- 20 free credits are provided to all new members
- Uploading pictures and writing a profile description is free
The registration is extremely fast on Sofia Date—you only need to provide your e-mail address, that’s all. Technically, you don’t have to provide a valid email, but we highly recommend using a real one to get more credits.
The point is, you’ll get 20 free credits after creating a new account, but that’s not all. If you verify your email address, you’ll get 10 more credits—this means you’ll be able to spend 15 minutes in live chats for free.
Avoid fake profiles and bots
Most beautiful women and men on this platform have verified profiles—according to SofiaDate, this website cooperates with certain agencies that verify the information about members, their authenticity, and their marital status.
They also say they verify the sincerity of their intentions to be in a long-term relationship, but this sounds a little bit hyperbolic. Well, the fact remains that most (if not all) profiles here are verified—but this doesn’t mean you can’t meet a fake profile on Sofia Date.
Here’s how to spot such an account.
- Ask a woman you’re chatting with to upload a video for you; that’s how you’ll make sure she is a real person.
- Use Google reverse image search (google the pictures of a woman you’re chatting with). If you google pictures of wonderful ladies and don’t see any similar pictures on other dating sites, these are most likely real women.
- Be realistic. A woman who looks like a top model won’t send letters to every new man on the site (although if you have a detailed profile and enough photos, she actually can contact you).
Making contact on SofiaDate dating site
Most sites like Sofia Date have many male profiles, but when it comes to this platform, it’s nothing like that.
When you sign up as a female, all you see is “No results found based on filters you applied”—so in this SofiaDate review, we’ll talk about making contact from a man’s perspective.
- It’s impossible to initiate chats and send messages without credits
- Once you click the photo of a woman, you can start chatting or click “Say Hello” to choose among several pre-written first messages like “Tell me more about yourself” or “How is your day going?”
- You can click on the profile and then click the “Write a letter” button to create a long mail to women
- Click “Like her” to send a like to a woman
- Almost all the ladies here have very detailed profiles—you can use their profile descriptions to create a catchy first message
- You can delete the conversation if you want to
- Women often text first on Sofia Date, unlike other dating sites
- You can send a photo or a video to your dream man or your special woman, too
SofiaDate’s profiles: Personalization and specialties
- You can create your dating profile for free—uploading pictures is free here, as well as writing a bio
- It’s highly recommended to answer all the questions in your profile to attract more ladies
- You can delete a profile without contacting the customer support team
- There are two fields in your profile settings—”About myself” and “Lady you’re looking for”
- In the “About myself” field, you can change your marital status, education, number of children, religion, job, and your hobby. You can also write a profile description here and choose your relationship goals.
- The “Lady you’re looking for” field is quite detailed, too. You can enter the eye/hair color, age range, body type, height, religion, and marital status of your potential partner.
How to make your profile more attractive to any person on the site? Here are some useful tips that will help your profile stand out from the crowd.
- It’s highly recommended to fill all the fields available on your profile page—the more detailed it is, the more matches you’ll get.
- Upload your best pictures, but don’t use the old ones—sooner or later, you’ll go from online dating to meeting in real life, so using old pictures might lead to certain misunderstandings.
- Make your profile description catchy. There are lots of men from the US on this site—to attract more ladies, you need to show that you’re an interesting person. It might be catchy, fun, or just interesting—it’s up to you, after all.
Online dating profile examples
This review wouldn’t be complete without a profile example. We took a random profile among those who were online when we were writing this review—this is not cherry-picking or something, it’s a perfect example of an average female profile on SofiaDate dating site.
This is Anastasiya, a 30-year-old lady from Odessa, Ukraine—and she is just an average female member of this dating site. Lots of professional pictures, all the information you need to come up with an interesting first mail, detailed profile description, and very detailed description of a man she is looking for on this website—that’s how all the profiles look on Sofia Date.
It looks like all the people who used this site are happy about it—and, well, I can totally understand, why. The only problem with the site is the absence of a Sofia Date app, but if you, like me, prefer mobile dating, you’ll enjoy the mobile version of this site.
Such a site might not be the most popular or the best dating platform in the world, but it’s a perfect solution for those who want to discover the world of online dating or meet some really beautiful people from Ukraine, Belarus, or Poland. My verdict is: this dating service is worth trying—after all, the registration is free here.
Alternative dating sites in other regions
You can sign up, browse women’s profiles, and add any woman to your favorite list for free. Viewing pictures of beautiful Slavic ladies is 100% free too. You will, however, need to pay to send messages, use a live chat, request the contact information of a woman, or request a real date.
SofiaDate offers 6 credit packages—the cheapest one costs $3 (35 credits) and the most expensive one is $200 (1,000 credits). Sending 1 email costs 20 credits and spending 1 minute in a live chat is 2 credits, so 35 credits will most likely not be enough for anything serious.
We were testing this site for 5 days and we didn’t meet any fake profiles during our test. We can, however, assume there are at least a few fake profiles on SofiaDate because there are 0 websites without fake accounts.
Yes, SofiaDate is a legit dating platform with thousands of real women from Eastern Europe. SofiaDate also protects the financial information of the users—the payment page is protected with SSL encryption.
No. The profiles on SofiaDate may look slightly “unreal” because it looks like most female users are top models, but that’s just how dating works in Eastern Europe. The female profiles are very detailed, and they all prove their identity in order to create a profile on SofiaDate.