Vietnamese Brides: Statistics, Cost & Legality in 2023
Vietnam is one of the most popular places for seeking a bride. In 2019, more than 1,780 Vietnamese brides found husbands in the United States. Vietnamese women obviously become more popular because in 2010, there were only 657 brides.
If you want to understand Vietnamese brides better today, this article will help you—you’ll find useful statistics, guides, and some interesting facts here. And we will start with our list of top dating sites with Vietnamese women for marriage.
|❤️ Success rate||80%|
|🇻🇳 Popular Vietnamese cities with brides||Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Haiphong, Bien Hoa|
|💰 Average cost of a Vietnamese bride||$1,200 – $6,800|
|⌛ Average age of Vietnamese brides||24 y.o.|
|💔 Divorce rate||20%|
Best Vietnamese Mail Order Brides & Dating Websites to Meet Love in 2023
Do you want to know how quickly and easily you can find a real, legit, and suitable date for you? We can help you with that. This article contains the best information about Vietnamese brides—how to find them, why to seek them, and how much such experience can cost.
Vietnamese wives: Facts you did not know about Vietnamese women
- The divorce rate is extremely low in Vietnam. Basically, this is the 3rd country in the world with the lowest divorce rate, surpassed only by Sri Lanka and Guatemala—the annual divorce rate is only 0.2 divorces per 1,000 residents! One of the main reasons for such a low rate is Vietnamese culture and traditions—women become more independent economically and more change their views from traditional to modern, but divorce is still often not considered an option for them. However, the divorce rate in major cities is slowly rising, especially when we’re talking about young Vietnamese women.
- Vietnamese brides tend to get married earlier than women from the United States. Thus, the average age of American women at marriage is around 26 years old—and it’s only 22.8 years old for Vietnamese brides. However, the situation is similar to the previous point here—women get married early, but young women tend to postpone their marriage, especially if we’re talking about Vietnamese women in their 20s (millennials and Z-gen).
- While Vietnamese brides get married quite early, they don’t actually have children too soon after the marriage. The mean age of childbearing is around 27.6 years old for Vietnamese women—it’s obvious that they prefer to build a career before having their first child. Again, the mean age of childbearing is even higher when we’re talking about Vietnamese brides from the biggest cities who are in their 20s right now.
- Vietnamese mail order brides typically don’t want to have a lot of children. However, an average Vietnamese woman has 2 children—so the total fertility rate in this country is slightly higher than the one in the United States (where it’s 1.77).
Why choose Vietnamese girls for marriage?
Why dating a Vietnamese girl is a good idea? Well, there are hundreds of reasons, but we can’t list them all here, unfortunately.
Instead, we’ll talk about the top 5 reasons why dating Vietnamese brides is certainly worth it.
- Vietnamese ladies for marriage don’t care about your money. Well, obviously, you need to have a job and to be able to provide for the family—but they are not looking for your money, and they care about how you treat them, not about how much you make.
- Vietnamese wives are just extremely hot. It doesn’t matter if you’re into Asian women or not, you’ll certainly be impressed with Asian brides from this country. Just visit any of those dating sites with Vietnamese mail order brides, click on a random profile with more than 1 photo, and you’ll understand what we’re talking about. It’s the combination of natural beauty, sense of style, and manners that make pretty Vietnamese girls so desirable. They are also a perfect option for you if you like petite Asian women—an average Vietnamese woman is 5 feet 0.46 inches.
- Vietnamese ladies are loyal. While the society in this Asian country is quite tolerant to men who cheat on their partners, it’s certainly a taboo for Vietnamese women to cheat on their men. By the way, it’s also one of the most common reasons for Vietnamese mail order brides to search for foreign men.
- They are hard-working. Vietnamese people are often called one of the hardest-working people in Asia. The economic of this country is emerging, the unemployment rate is quite low, and the female labour-force participation rate is very high in this country (around 79% of Vietnamese women are in the labour force).
- Most Vietnamese girls you’ll meet online have very serious intentions. If you’re searching for a one-night stand, you’ll probably find what you need easily—just go to a specialized dating site for “short-term” Asian dating, and you’ll get what you want. But most Vietnamese ladies on mail order brides websites are looking for a serious relationship.
Success stories from Vietnam
Anh and Bruce
Anh, a 22-year-old student from Ho Chi Minh City, didn’t plan to become one of those Vietnamese mail order brides—she just wanted to try all those international dating services and to date Western guys in Vietnam.
But when she met Bruce (a 42-year-old entrepreneur from Houston), it was a U-turn for her. Bruce impressed her when they started chatting online and 3 months later, when they first met in her city, he impressed her even more—he was exactly the gentleman she saw in her dreams.
Bruce says that his intentions were very serious—he “wanted to find a Vietnamese girl for marriage, not just a girl to spend a night with”.
He definitely succeeded in finding a wife in Vietnam—they got married 6 months after their first message on Asian Melodies.
Now, Anh is waiting for her CR-1 visa to be ready—and in a few months, she’s planning to move to Texas.
Cai and John
Cai, a 26-year-old Vietnamese bride from Hanoi, met John on AsiaMe—it’s one of the best dating sites for local women from different Asian countries.
John, a 27-year–old teacher from Dallas, was planning a trip to Hanoi and wanted to find several hot Vietnamese girls to date in advance. John definitely didn’t think that in 3 months, he would be planning a wedding ceremony with one of those Vietnamese singles he met online that night.
They chatted for 1 week or so—after this, they met in Hanoi and spent 7 days together. In 2 months, John came to Hanoi once more—but this time, he brought an engagement ring with him.
Neither her family members nor her friends were ok with the idea of them getting married that quickly—but John showed them he was the right person for Cai.
Today, they live together in his home in Dallas—and it looks like these two are 200% happy with their quick marriage.
Is it legal to buy a Vietnamese bride?
There are two ways to bring your future Vietnamese wife to the United States—CR-1 visa (if you get married in Vietnam before getting a visa) and K-1 visa (if you get married in the US after getting a visa).
The latter is more expensive but much faster to get—but what matters most here is that it’s totally legal to bring your Vietnamese mail order bride to the United States. In 3 years after arrival, she’ll even be able to become a US citizen.
🇻🇳 Find single Vietnamese women online
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Why do mail order brides from Vietnam seek Western men?
Why would a beautiful and intelligent Vietnam girl sign up on a dating site and search for Western men? What makes Asian girls from this country marry foreign men? The reasons vary.
- First of all, it’s about the economic situation in the country. We’ve just said that Vietnamese mail order wives are very hard-working, but it’s not because they love it—it’s because they have no other choice. The average monthly salary in Vietnam is around $300—obviously, this doesn’t look like a salary of a developed country or a country with a great economy. That’s why lots of beautiful Vietnamese women who speak English and want to get a better life start searching for Western men.
- Another reason is about how foreign men (American men in particular) treat Vietnamese brides. There is a very popular stereotype regarding men from Western countries in Vietnam. Thus, most Vietnamese women who sign up on international dating sites believe that men from the US/Canada/UK treat their women well and with much more respect than some Vietnamese men.
How to find Vietnamese brides?
We highly recommend trying online dating to find a Vietnam girl for marriage—it is a simple, quick, and affordable option. Although Vietnam is a rather touristic country, you will find it very difficult to meet Vietnamese girls for marriage who have serious intentions if you’re going to do it offline.
It’s easy to find a Vietnamese lady to have some fun with in Vietnam, that’s true. But if you’re searching for single Vietnamese girls with serious intentions, you need to go online.
So, the process of finding a Vietnamese wife looks like this:
- First, you should choose a good Vietnamese mail order bride website. The problem is not with choosing a dating site, but with choosing a trusted and reliable dating site. Unfortunately, there are lots of scam services or services full of fake profiles. If you focus on paid Vietnamese bride services, your chances to find a high-quality website are much higher.
- Second, you create an account and fill out the required fields. After you visit the site, you’ll be asked several questions about your perfect Vietnamese woman, about your ideal relationship, and about your relationship goals, as well as about your personality. We highly recommend answering all these questions correctly in order to get the best matches!
- Then you browse for beautiful Vietnamese brides, Chinese mail order wives, Japanese women, or any you’d like with tools available for you.
- Once you find a profile that looks decent for you, you send a message to that girl. A good dating service has thousands of girls online—so you’ll most likely have to send a lot of messages to find your ideal Vietnamese wife.
- Keep communicating with girls you like, and eventually, you will find the one you like the most.
- Meet your Vietnamese girlfriend in real life, propose, and marry a Vietnamese girl if you want to take your relationship to this close and deeply loving level.
Try to calculate the cost of Vietnamese mail order bride
❗ Note, to calculate the cost of a Vietnamese bride, select the Asian region
How much does a Vietnamese mail order bride cost?
Please, remember that you can’t buy a Vietnamese bride—that’s not how it works. You can date Vietnamese women for marriage online, meet a Vietnamese woman in person, and even bring your Vietnamese wife to the US—but you can’t buy a woman, it’s obvious.
So, how much do Vietnamese mail order brides cost?
First of all, you’ll have to meet Vietnamese women online. Online dating websites are usually fee-based, so you will have to pay for communication. There are two types of dating sites: subscription-based and credit-based.
The former requires you to make a single purchase — usually around $20-50. The latter allows you to make dozens of small purchases, so the total price depends purely on your needs and preferences. Typically, it is around $80-100 per month.
But that’s not all—if you’re going to bring your Asian wife to the United States, you’ll need to meet your foreign partner in real life at least once.
Here’s how much a 2-week trip to Vietnam will cost:
- Tickets—$500-$800, depending on the season
- Hotel room—$450 (2 weeks)
- Transportation (taxi, buses)—$200
- Totals—$1,700-$2,000 for a 2-week trip to Vietnam
As for the wedding ceremony, the price may vary from $1,000 to $10,000—it depends on the number of guests and on lots of other factors.
If you’re going to bring your future wife to the US through a K-1 visa, however, you’ll need to get married in the United States. The K-1 visa costs around $2,200 (including application for permanent residency)—after that, your Vietnam bride will become a US permanent resident.
Tips for men: How to impress Vietnamese mail order brides?
Dating a Vietnamese woman for marriage is not that difficult. As I’ve said before, it’s easy to find Vietnamese girls online and to start chatting with them because they are extremely open-minded and free of prejudice—but it’s obviously not the same thing as dating Western women.
Their culture is different, their dating rules are different, their etiquette is different—so it’s obvious that there are some important rules you need to know before you start dating these girls online and offline.
Here are some of these rules:
- It’s you who should plan the first date and pay for it. That’s a very important point of the male dating etiquette in Vietnam. It’s also a great idea to avoid fancy restaurants for the first dates—something casual, like a coffee shop, will work much better.
- Bring her a gift. It shouldn’t be something expensive, of course—a small bouquet will work perfectly. Just remember that you’ll need to avoid chrysanthemums and yellow flowers: they are considered a bad thing.
- You should forget about flirting in public. These women are more traditional/conservative than women from your country, so they are not comfortable with PDA. If you’re going to meet Vietnamese brides, you need to make them feel comfortable—it’s obvious that some of them will feel too shy on the first date, especially if they have never dated foreigners before.
- If a Vietnamese woman asks you for money or asks you a lot of questions about your salary and income, it’s most likely a red flag. Unfortunately, there are still some gold-diggers in Vietnam, and they foreign men as prey.
- Don’t expect to get laid on the very first date. It’s possible, of course—but not with a Vietnamese woman for marriage. For Vietnamese brides, marriage is extremely important, and the ones who have serious intentions will never have sex with a guy on the very first date because they think that it’s a relationship-killer for Western guys.
- You’ll most likely have to meet her family members quite soon, so you should be ready for it. It’s another important part of the dating etiquette in this country—you’ll need to spend time with her family and ask them for permission to date their daughter.
According to some people, dating a Vietnamese mail order wife is one of the best online dating experiences a man can get. I have nothing against this idea—these girls are fun, easy-going, and very eager to be with a foreigner.
Unlike Western women, they are pretty traditional; unlike some other Asian brides, they don’t care about your money—so meeting Vietnam women for marriage is really a good idea.
Thanks to sites, dating a mail order bride from Vietnam is extremely simple—you just visit a site, create a profile, and start chatting with the girls online.
8 Things you need to know before dating a Vietnamese girl
It happens because they are often not happy with Vietnamese men. Domestic violence, adultery, poverty—all these things make young, intelligent, and beautiful Vietnamese girls become mail order brides. They think that Western men are more caring, loving, and of course, more financially stable than men from Vietnam.
It depends on a lot of factors. Some sites only have text communication tools like live chat while the others offer video and voice calls—obviously, the sites that fall into the latter category are more expensive. But most sites cost around $100-$120 per month.
They are legal, of course. You can meet and marry a woman from Vietnam, and after that, you’ll be able to bring your wife or bride to the United States. After that, she’ll become a permanent resident!